Furnace Repair Prices
The ≈PRICE column below shows an approximate out-the-door price for common furnace repairs. These ballpark prices are based on the formula found on the preceding page. Please see the notes at the bottom.
Smaller repairs can be reduced by $75 or more if I do just the bare minimum. However, I adhere to good practice by performing a checkup after the repair is made. Major repairs can be reduced by hundreds by cutting corners, but of course that’s not how I do business.
|Carrier HK42FZ0-xx / ICM 282||$520||1.25||$130|
|Carrier HK42FZ017 / ICM2807 1||$720||1.25||$230|
|Carrier CES0110057-xx / ICM281||$440||1.25||$90|
|Carrier HH84AA0-xx / ICM271||$380||1.25||$60|
|White-Rodgers Universal 1 Stage||$500||1.25||$120|
|White-Rodgers Universal 2 Stage||$680||1.25||$210|
|Carrier 320725-756 1||$700||1.5||$200|
|Rheem 70-24157-03 / Fasco A066||$505||1.0||$140|
|24 volt + thermocouple||$480||1.5||$90|
|Carrier 5 wire / WR 36C94-303||$520||1.25||$130|
|Honeywell 1 Stage SmartValve||$660||1.5||$180|
|millivolt + pilot generator||$520||1.5||$110|
|spark / direct ignition||$460||1.25||$100|
|“little black sparker”||$345||1.0||$60|
|Honeywell Universal Spark||$490||1.25||$115|
|1/2 HP blower motor + capacitor||$520||1.5||$110|
|hot surface igniter||$285||1.0||$30|
|SSU (fused switch)||$300||1.25||$20|
|variable speed controller 1, 2||$900||2.0||$225|
- The price shown adheres to the formula. However, given the occasionally high margin on repairs like this, I sometimes deviate from the formula by reducing the price.
- This type of repair normally requires two trips. I usually request separate checks for each trip. The price shown includes the cost of both trips.
- These ballpark prices are subject to change without notice.
- The HOURS column shows typical repair times. Repair times can vary significantly.
- The COST column shows my approximate wholesale cost of parts (including tax) at the time of writing. Part prices vary significantly depending on the supplier and season.
- Some of the universal parts listed above may not work in your furnace. When that happens a second trip will be required. Normal rates apply.
- If requested, and if time and weather permit, a check of the air conditioner may add 30 minutes to the job. Normal labor rates apply.
- A furnace that’s located on the roof or in the attic may take 15 to 30 additional minutes to service. Normal labor rates apply.