More to Diagnose, Less to Repair
A summary of what I charge follows. It’s just a summary. For a detailed explanation, click here.
- Labor costs $150 for the first half hour.
- Labor costs $75 per half hour after that.
- I charge twice the wholesale cost for most parts.
That may seem expensive at first, but my out-the-door prices are very reasonable:
|The Going Price 1||My Price 2|
|5 Lbs Freon||$1000||$600|
For a list of ballpark prices on air conditioner repairs, click here.
For a list of ballpark prices on furnace repairs, click here.
A reasonable price is important. Trust is too.
- I’ve performed hundreds of second opinions. I’ve seen the competition’s invoices. It appears that many highly rated contractors have embedded a $300 / hour labor rate inside their flat rate.
- These are ballpark numbers for run-of-the-mill parts. There are many kinds of capacitors, gas valves, circuit boards and motors. Some of them cost considerably more than what you see listed.